Polymer Plastic Processing Experts, from Manufacturing Materials to Fabrication
Good to know
1. The highest performing, melt-processable thermoplastic
with unsurpassed wear resistance in dry and lubricated environments.
6. Excellent compressive strength and extremely low CLTE.
Very good wear and abrasion resistance.
9. A remarkable combination of both long-term and short-term thermal stability.
Exceptionally high modulus and creep resistance.
10. Outstanding chemical resistance to a wide variety of aggressive chemical environments.
AvaSpire® - PAEK compared to PEEK :
14. Higher stiffness from 150 °C to 190 °C, improved ductility and toughness.
Oil & Gas
Torlon® and PEEK in Action – Oil and Gas
PEEK components survive the HPHT conditions present in the most aggressive downhole environments. Torlon offers unmatched strength at temperature for replacing metals for improved drill-out.
Glass and carbon reinforced PEEK back-up seals prevent softer elastomers from extruding under pressure
PEEK and PEK connector bodies isolate conductive pins in highly engineered electrical connectors
High strength Torlon 5030 cement flappers deliver the strength of aluminum with greater ease of drill-out
Drillable Torlon valve seats for downhole use.
Drake’s Cannonball® Frac balls made from Torlon enable more zones and faster pump-down than general purpose composites
Glass and carbon reinforced poppets, lift buttons and valve plates for compressor valves.